Equity on two wheels
We’re working to expand access to bikeshare. It’s part of our ongoing effort to help create safer and healthier communities, pursue equality, and celebrate the diversity that makes our city so incredible.
Reducing fares with Healthfirst
Citi Bike is proud to partner with Healthfirst to offer $5 monthly memberships for NYCHA residents and SNAP recipients.
Same benefits. Lower price.
Members get unlimited 45-minute rides on classic bikes, reduced ebike rates—and a whole lot more. The easiest way to get going is to use the app, but we can also provide bike keys to members who may not have smartphones.
NYCHA, JCHA, and HHA residents are eligible for $5 monthly memberships, and so are SNAP recipients. No annual commitment required.
- Unlimited free 45-min classic rides
- $0.06/min ebike rides
- No bike unlock fees
- Five free guest passes per year for annual members, 1x / month for monthly members
- Members must be 16 or older
- Members must provide a credit, debit, or prepaid card
SNAP recipients must upload either a Statement of Benefits letter OR a screenshot of SNAP case details. To retrieve your statement of benefits or provide a SNAP Benefits Screenshot:
- Go to ACCESS HRA (nyc.gov/accesshra) and log in/create an account. (Make sure to use the website, not the app, as the app will not correctly show your name.)
- On the home page, click on View Details on the SNAP case card.
- You can take a screenshot of the SNAP case card. Make sure your name is visible in this screenshot. This is the name that will be used to verify your account.
- If you want to submit the Statement of Benefits, click Print Statement of Benefits. A PDF will open in a new window. Save this PDF. This will be the document you submit.
We are unable to accept anything that does not have a name on it.
NYCHA, JCHA, and HHA residents must provide a Housing Authority account number. NYCHA residents living in housing that has been converted to Section 8 must upload a Section 8 Voucher ID Number AND proof of NYCHA residence.
CDCU discounted memberships
Low-income members of select Community Development Credit Unions (CDCUs) are also eligible for $5 monthly memberships, opening up bikeshare access to even more New Yorkers.
How to sign up
All that’s needed to get started is an activation code from a participating credit union. Already have a code? Sign up today in 5 easy steps:
- Tap "Sign up" below
- Log in to your account (or register if you're new)
- Fill in the required info
- Click "Enter promo" and add your code
- Once the discount applies, purchase to begin riding today!
Participating credit unions
Brooklyn Cooperative Federal Credit Union
834 Dekalb Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11221
(718) 418-8232 x0
Lower East Side People's Federal Credit Union
37 Avenue B
New York, NY 10009
NYU Federal Credit Union
726 Broadway, Suite 110
New York, NY 10003
Learn more with our CDCU FAQs.
The first 45 minutes of each ride on a classic bike are included in the membership.
Members are charged $0.17/minute after 45 minutes.
Ebike rides cost $0.06/minute.
Renewing your membership
Membership auto-renews every month, and participants can opt out at any time. Members receive a reminder email 5 days before their monthly payment is due so they can adjust their membership if needed.