Central Park Lower Loop
Riding the Lower Loop of Central Park is a great way to see many of the park’s most popular attractions, while avoiding the big hill at the northern most end of the park.
The Lower Loop covers most of the park, while avoiding the big hill at the northern most end of the park. You'll pass by the Central Park zoo, the boathouse, the Metropolitan Museum of Art, the Reservoir, Tavern on the Green, and much more.
You can start this ride from any of the many Citi Bike stations lining the park, but here's our recommended route:
- Grab a Citi Bike at the Grand Army Plaza and Central Park S station (near 59th St and 5th Ave, next to the Plaza hotel).
- Enter the park at the Grand Army Plaza entrance, then ride onto East Park Drive, where you will connect to Park Drive, the main road (“loop”) that runs the perimeter of Central Park.
- Ride north up Park Drive, traveling along the east side of the park in a counterclockwise direction until you hit the 102nd St Crossing.
- Take a left, cutting off the northernmost hilly section of the park.
- When you reach the other side of the park, take a left onto Park Drive heading south, and continue down the west side of the park.
- Continue on Park Drive as it curves left to run along the southern border of the park.
- Take a right onto East Drive and follow it back out of the park, where you can return your bike at the Grand Army Plaza and Central Park S station.
The total distance of the Lower Loop is 5.14 miles and it takes most people about 45 minutes on a Citi Bike. Remember, the first 30 minutes of each ride on a classic bike are included in the price of a single ride and day pass. If you're an annual member, the first 45 minutes of each ride on a classic bike are included. For more information about Citi Bike pricing and pass options, please head here. Find the pass that is right for you, then take your time and enjoy the ride!
Or if you prefer, you can drop your bike at a station near the park along the route, explore on foot, and grab a new bike when you're ready to continue the ride.
Try this ride
Pick up a single ride or day pass through the mobile app and be on a bike within minutes!
You can also purchase a pass at any Citi Bike station kiosk.
- E 66 St & Madison Ave
- E 68 St & Madison Ave
- 5th Ave & E 73 St
- 5th Ave & E 78 St
- 5th Ave & E 88 St
- 5th Ave & E 93 St
- E 97 St & Madison Ave
- Madison Ave & E 99 St
- 5 Ave & E 103 St
- Central Park West & W 102 St
- Central Park West & W 100 St
- Central Park West & W 96 St
- Central Park West & W 85 St
- Central Park West & W 82 St
- Central Park West & W 76 St
- Central Park West & W 72 St
- Central Park West & W 68 St
- Broadway & W 60 St
- Broadway & W 58 St
- Central Park S & 6th Ave
- Grand Army Plaza & Central Park S
- E 59 St & Madison Ave